Sports Premium Funding
WHAT IS ‘PE AND SPORT PREMIUM’ FUNDING?
Primary PE and Sport Premium is an initiative that aims to help increase and improve the PE and sporting opportunities for children. It was first provided in the 2013/14 academic year and the current government has pledged to continue this funding until 2020.
PE and Sport Premium funding is provided jointly by the Department for Education, the Department for Health and Culture and the Department for Media and Sport. It has been allocated to primary school headteachers and is ring-fenced, meaning that it can only be spent on the provision of PE and sport in schools.
The Government believes that headteachers and school leaders should decide how to use the funding for PE and Sports in school. They are held accountable for the decisions they make through:
- The performance outcomes of all pupils compared with their peers
- The Ofsted inspection framework, under which inspectors focus on the attainment of pupil groups, in particular in those areas where specific funding has been provided
- The reports that schools are required to publish online for Parents
Sport's Premium Funding
- Evidencing Impact Action Plan
- PE Provision across the School
- Sports Premium Impact
- Sports Premium Statement
Mead Road, Gloucester, Gloucestershire, GL4 5YS